Wednesday, January 27, 2010

While Your Hair Blows in the Breeze on a Summer Day (Spring 2003, i think)

(I was really into long titles haha. Wanted to give you something super retro, if you remember this roof you're very special to me. a little summer vibe to get us through these cold days...)

I wake up when the sun is high
lay on the roof as clouds breeze by
for nuts the squirrels race to win
birds sing gliding through blue sky

the sunlight glistens on my skin
and bounces off the chimney tin
my eyes reflect the yellow sun
my feet remember where they've been

hair off my face in messy bun
ice melts the tears where bees have stung
I'm waiting, eyes closed, for a star
the sun dips down its song is done

I hear songs, music from a car
the ice cream melts, splats on the tar
the twilight glows, extending far
blond curls trap fire flies in a jar

1 comment:

  1. longest title ever....

    i picture you as a little child in this...lol

    ReplyDelete