Saturday, January 30, 2010

Dreamscape (12/26/09)

(I dream super vividly, so you'll read a lot about that. Colors are very symbolic in dreams, kinda like poems...)

And now my dreams are all
deep greens and blurry greys.
And you're still there
but much more far away.
I'd been running from you,
towards and ocean that sparkled in blues.
There was my rational sand
ontop of grains I would stand
and stare,
and pretend you weren't there.

But that night in the cold
in a place we knew well
you caught me, sparkling in gold
and with secrets to tell.
And I kissed you back,
taking something not mine
but what I'd been searching for
I did not there find.
And now I'm so lost
I'm relying on rhymes
to say that you broke me.
And finally free I still feel you,
cloaked in the colors of our shared broken promise.

2 comments:

  1. this makes me wanna see dear john much much more bc for some reason it reminds me of it...lol thanks for making my obsession that much stronger

    ReplyDelete
  2. DUH!

    this reminds me of hercules, tequila, the proposal, and dirty magnetic poetry night.

    ReplyDelete