Tuesday, January 26, 2010

New Years Emo (12/31/09 slash 1/1/10)

(not the brightest note to start a new year on, but it is what it is. and i was surrounded my beautiful amazing caring lovely sexy loving women. so that helped...)

I can only eat when I drink.
I can only drink in the dark.
That space when the sun goes down
is where I feel I can emerge into,
and safely blend in.
If I use black mascara and red lipstick
the other shades of guilt and distress
won't seem so bold.
And no one will see my hands shake
if they're holding a glass
filled with cold liquor and something fizzy.
And as long as my outline
blurs into the night, little by little
I'll forget about you
and that night we seeped into together.
And maybe tomorrow I'll be able
to eat something while the sun is out.
And steady myself with a deep breath.
And fall asleep without wishing
you missed me.

2 comments:

  1. so emo... adore it

    but smile whilst being emo pllllleeeaaasseee

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you showed me this one before. Maybe it is my bias but this poem is so musical. Especially towards the end. The last 2 lines, if I could write lyrics like that I'd be a happy camper.

    Also, your use of color is awesome. I think it is that you use it so sparingly and when you do they just hit you and stick with you. The "Green" in implore really stands out to me. Also the red lighter in road trip.

    ReplyDelete