Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Untitled (10/29/09)

(Still a little rough, inspired by a CSGS event about bodies. I think a/b the body a lot, the body as self I mean...)

I'd like to send you my heart.
(This seems an obvious place to start,
but its not what you think)
It has a rhythm to be held and heard,
a dull steady lull to sing you to sleep.
And I'll include my arteries,
because my blood will have that
comforting metallic taste,
and blue and red (or purple)
will be pleasing colors to surrender in.
And how about my collarbone,
delicately shaped and easily displayed.
I'll pack it in fat from my breasts and my hips,
a squishy and comforting measure to ward off fractures.
I'll slip all this into and epidermal envelope,
because the things written there
(freckles, tattoos, light hair and goosebumps)
are probably the most important.
You can memorize the space of these,
use your fingerpads and palms
and ear drums and tastebuds
to learn me.

1 comment: