Saturday, January 23, 2010

Haiku (Spring 2004)

(So haiku is 5/7/5, tanka is 5/7/5/7/7. The japanese are trying to say a lot in very few syllables. All of these are out of my 16 yr old brain, except the very last one which is from today. Or yesterday. The very recent past, in any case...)

Ribbons on ankles.
Pink against pink faded tights.
Beautiful arches.

Sun is always warm
as it shines through the windows
when driving alone.

Prom is important.
Everyone must look their best.
I bought orange shoes.
(LOL! Shout out to Shanika Nicole)

Even without you
being there with me each night
I always miss you.
Even though I know I shouldn't,
I wonder if you think of me.

(and last but not least, from the present moment...)
Showers are refuge.
But in the heat I realize
not all things rinse off.

1 comment: