Saturday, March 6, 2010

The Return of Sunlight (the demise of down) *TODAY*

(Can't tell you what the first warm day here will do for your life. It's a collective feeling of 'YYYYAAAAAYYYYY!!!!!!'. This combined with a day/night full of great people had me sweating bliss and breathing smiles. This is cheesy, and no you're not shocked that its a love poem for NY, but I had to share...)

It started in the park
with the marble arch.
There was an upright piano
next to the fountain,
where a man in a fedora
and scarf and no jacket
played Beatles songs. He didn't sing.
The sun was like an old friend
that we were all reigniting
a love affair with.
I walked uptown on 5th then 6th,
watching everyone internally frolic.
The only place with remnants of winter
is Central Park, where hole-y patches of snow
still lay over the grass.
They look silly and anachronistic.
Here there is commerce and fashion
and the Plaza, and its all so beautiful
but its the other park that feeds my bliss.
This island is Bohemia in my heart,
and the first spring day I'm in love all over.

No comments:

Post a Comment