Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Cab to the China Bus (3/12/10)

(So I'm incapable of posting from outside NYC... new rule. Anyway, I'm back, and we're back on track. This is inspired by a Frost poem I've seen on the 6 train. I'm into stanzas and structure lately. Happy spring, its stupid beautiful out...)

The way the rain
mist'd down on me,
in Times Square
at 8:03

A.M., the sky
looked gray and deep.
The lights shone bright
(seemed mine to keep.)

Such a contrast,
Mist and light.
The water soft
and falling slight.

Now spring's just here,
it's not so cold.
The warmth has got me
feeling bold.

On this gray day
I'm up and out,
catching a bus
to roam about.

But it's all too clear
I love neon.
It won't be long,
the time I'm gone.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Alex! Nice stuff.....didn't know you were into poetry! Yay, I used to write so much poetry! I still love it so much...blog buddy!!!

    ReplyDelete