Sunday, March 21, 2010

Alphabet (3/12/10)

(Silly exercise. But kind of fun. Get it?)

Alacrity is a word I once knew,
but have forgotten.
Come to think of it, there are
dozens of definitions I've lost,
enough to be disconcerting.
Frankly though, I love language. It
gets me off, all those words
hovering in the space between people,
infused with combustible power and potential. They sparkle like
jewels, illuminating tensions and fantasies,
kind and cruel and concealing. And revealing.
Lest we forget, words can start wars,
make love, or
neither. Or everything in between. They
open, literally
part the lips, or they close
quite forcefully, like a door.
Really, how can you know them all to
say, in a dynamic way, what you feel?
This is my obsession, to
utilize a multitude of words
very effectively. Expressedly.
Without effort, with verve.
Xceptionally, if possible.
You see, it's become a matter of life and death.
Zeal is paramount.

No comments:

Post a Comment